Caution: Data will be deleted. After performing a drive RESET, it reverts to the default state: unformatted AND ALL USER DATA AND SETTINGS WILL BE DELETED. Also, all settings (such as drive name, password, step-away, inactivity timer) will be set to default values.
1. Make sure the drive is authorized (logged-in) via the app.
2. Tap the drive entry to access Settings.
3. Tap the Reset Drive.
4. Read the warning and tap Reset Drive.
5. On the 2nd confirmation message (Are you sure?), tap Reset.
6. Enter the Device ID and tap Ok.
The drive reverts back to the default state:
DataLock BT Pro: The default state is blank (has no password) and locked. Please see How do I create a password? to initialize your drive.
DataLock BT Personal: The default state is blank (has no password) and unlocked with no password, unformatted, at default settings (including the name), and no customer data. The drive requires formatting for continued use.
If, or when, the reset (unformatted) drive is unlocked, this message appears.